Commencement Candidate Information
In order to take part in the commencement ceremony, you must confirm your participation online by Monday, April 6, 2015. After this date, you must confirm your participation at the Registrar's Office in Knapp Hall. This must be completed by Monday, April 20, 2015.
Commencement Day Schedule and Instructions
- THREE guest tickets will be given to students at the Campus Graduation Fair on Tuesday, April 21, in Barnes and Noble Bookstore. In order to receive your three guest tickets, you must:
- confirm your participation
- present a valid picture ID
- Those students having regalia shipped can pick up their three guest tickets in Bouck Hall Lobby at the ticket booth day of commencement only if ceremony is held indoors. Students must present a valid picture ID.
- Tickets are required only if ceremony is held indoors in Bouck Hall Gymnasium. Doors will open at 9:00 a.m. Please remind your guests that they need to arrive with tickets in hand in order to be seated.
- Guests without tickets may view the ceremony via live broadcast in Bouck Hall Theatre and Bouck Hall Room 120.
All students must pay a $50 graduation fee. If not previously charged on your semester bill, pay this fee at the Student Accounts Office, Knapp Hall, Room 118, 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. on weekdays. Semester charges may be viewed through your Banner Web account. Payment may also be made by calling (518) 255-5539.
Fees and Fines
All outstanding bills, fees or fines must be paid prior to transcripts or diplomas being sent. Payments can be made at the Student Accounts Office, Knapp Hall, Room 118, 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., weekdays or online through your Banner Web account. Payment may also be made by calling (518) 255-5539.
Cap and Gown
- Commencement regalia will be available in the Campus Bookstore on April 1, 2015. There is no need to pre-order your regalia.
- Students who cannot pick up their caps and gowns in person may make mail order arrangements through the Campus Bookstore, 518-255-5227.
- Bachelor Regalia is priced at $73.60 + tax and includes gown, discipline hood, tassel and cap.
- Associates Regalia is priced at $42.00 + tax and includes gown, tassel, and cap.
- All regalia items will be ticketed for individual sale.
- Regalia will be available right through commencement day.
- Orders are non-returnable and non-exchangeable.
- Please note that gowns, caps, and tassels are your personal property and should be taken with you following commencement.
- Announcements and class rings are also available from the Campus Bookstore, 518-255-5227.
- When you pick up your tickets you will receive a name card that will be used to announce your name during the commencement ceremony.
- Your name will be printed on the card. Please add phonetic pronunciation, if necessary.
- Students must bring their name card to the commencement line-up.
- Do not lose this card!
Diplomas will not be distributed at Commencement. They will be mailed to each graduate's permanent home address upon certification by the faculty that all graduation requirements have been met.
Graduation Celebration Dinner
- There will be a Graduation Celebration Dinner on Friday, May 8, 5-6:30 p.m. in Champlin Dining Hall.
- Tickets must be picked up or purchased in the Student Life Center between Monday, April 21 and May 2. Graduates will receive a complimentary ticket. Parents, faculty, staff and other guests are welcome to purchase tickets with cash, check or credit card by contacting the Student Life Center at (518) 255-5300.
- Adults: $10
Ages 5-12: $5
Under 5: Free
- There will be a Hooding ceremony for all Bachelor Degree Candidates. All Bachelor Degree Candidates are encouraged to attend the Hooding Ceremony. This will be held on Friday, May 8 at 7:00 p.m., Champlin Hall Lounge. Please arrive with your, gown and hood that you will wear for the commencement ceremony.
- Baccalaureate and Commencement ceremonies are distinguished by the wearing of academic regalia – the cap, gown and hood. During the hooding ceremony we will hood our new graduates in recognition of their honorable academic and personal achievements.