Request Testing Services
Alternative Testing Services
AccessABILITY Resources provides an alternative testing service for students who may need a distraction-free environment, extended time (up to double time), use of adaptive equipment, a private room, use of a computer to read exams, scribes, oral exams or enlarged printing.
All students must be approved for alternative testing services.
Students with disabilities seeking alternative testing services, must contact the AccessABILITY Resources Coordinator, Betsy Briggs – 518-255-5282 and have their accommodation plan in place.
ESL students seeking alternative testing services, must complete the Request for Testing Accommodations form.
Request for Testing Accommodations Procedures
Faculty and staff should adhere to the following procedures when using AccessABILITY Resources for accommodated testing services:
1. All students must sign up for each test using the Request for Testing Accommodations form at least 24 – 48 Hours (1 – 2 days) prior to the test date. This allows AR staff time to schedule test rooms and know exactly who will be coming for testing services.
2. The student should take Request for Testing Accommodations Form to their Instructor for completion by the instructor, with any testing options listed. Note: It should not be assumed that students will take all tests in the Testing Room in AccessABILITY Resources (AR). They have the option of taking a particular test in the classroom. Once the Instructor completes the Request for Testing Accommodations form, the student will bring it to AccessABILITY Resources (AR) Michael Cobbins, Rm 005 and drop it off in the wire bin.
3. Faculty should feel free to ask to see a students’ Accommodation Plan to verify that the student is eligible to receive testing accommodations.
4. Faculty may also make arrangements for accommodations in a setting of their choosing.
5. Faculty who are delivering tests should bring them to AccessABILITY Resources Rm 005 and put it in their file in the filing cabinet at least 24 hours prior to the test date. Care should be taken not to include any hand-written notations or information which can not be scanned electronically.
6. Faculty are strongly encouraged to send tests, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Faculty may pick up completed tests in AccessABILITY Resources (AR) Rm 005, have them returned via intercampus mail, or returned electronically (email) as specified on the Request for Testing Accommodations Form.
Thank you for your cooperation. Following these procedures will make it easier to meet the accommodated testing needs of our students.
> No COMPLETED Forms = No Test NO EXCEPTIONS!
> You must turn in your Test Request 24 hrs. before the exam is scheduled
> You are responsible for planning in your extra time
o 50 minute class X Time and a half = 1.5 hrs.
o 50 minute class X Double Time = 2 hrs.
> You are responsible for scheduling enough time to take your exam
o For example: You scheduled your exam at 9:00 am and you have class at 10:00 am. If that doesn’t leave you enough time, DO NOT schedule the exam for that time
> You MUST show up at the SCHEDULED TIME. If you are late, you will lose time on the exam. (This is no different than others who take it in class!) you still will only get the scheduled amount of time to take the exam
> Bring your own writing utensils and calculators, and earbuds if using Premier.