Center for Academic Support
and Excellence (CASE)
What is CASE?
CASE is the Center for Academic Support and Excellence, a central location for student support services. CASE offers suject-specific tutoring as well as programs and workshops on learning strategies such as note-taking, test-taking, textbook reading, and time management.
Who is located in CASE?
- Professional and peer tutors, mentors
- AccessABILITY Resources (disability supports)
- MERITS Program
- Retention Program coordinators
Who can use CASE?
EVERYONE is welcome to use CASE for quiet study whenever the library is open. Tutoring is available Sunday through Friday. See hours of operation on the right.
What services are provided by CASE?
- Free & unlimited tutoring
- Study groups
- Writing assistance
- Staff to help you get on the right track; whether you need help with study skills, time management, or simply to find a specific location on campus
Who are the peer tutors at CASE?
Tutors are primarily students who have excelled academically and have been recommended by their professors on campus. The tutors design their schedules to meet their own academic and personal needs; consequently, tutors work in the Center at specific times and on specific days. Tutoring is most often done in a small group format. Become a tutor >