We are very proud of our graduates' accomplishments! We look forward to meeting our graduates' families and friends on this very special day. It is the goal of the Office of Campus Events and Conferences and the entire SUNY Cobleskill community to make Commencement a smooth and memorable experience for our graduates. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
- The commencement ceremony may be held outdoors, weather permitting. Location will be determined during the week before Commencement.
If the ceremony is held outside, please no high heels as the ground is still very soft.
- There will be designated handicap parking spaces in Knapp Circle. All other cars must be parked in any student, faculty or other designated lots.
View Campus Map >
- Tickets are required only if ceremony is held indoors in Bouck Hall Gymnasium. Doors will open at 9:00 a.m. Please remind your guests that they need to arrive with tickets in hand in order to be seated.
- In the event of an indoor ceremony, guests without tickets may view the ceremony via live broadcast in Bouck Hall Theatre, Bouck Hall Room 120 and Twisted Whiskers Café.
- The duration of the ceremony will be approximately 2 hours.
- Please remain standing during and after the National Anthem.
- Once the ceremony is concluded, please remain standing at your seats until the end of the recessional. Moving toward the graduates before this causes congestion and detracts from the dignity of the occasion.
- A reception will be held in Bouck Hall Ballroom immediately following the ceremony. Graduates and their guests are cordially invited to join faculty and staff for this occasion.
Accommodations for Individuals with Disabilities
- Seating will be available for those who use wheelchairs or need special accommodations. If you need accommodations during the Commencement ceremony due to physical disability, please contact the Office of Campus Events and Conferences at 518-255-5690 or email us by May 1. If you do not let us know what you need by May 1, we will not be able to accommodate you on the day of commencement.
Gifts and Keepsakes
- The College Store, located in Bouck Hall, will be open in case our guests want to purchase gifts or souvenirs.
- Guests are welcome to bring cameras to take pictures. We do ask that those taking pictures do so within the designated photo area.
- Your attendance at the event constitutes an agreement to the College's use and distribution (now and in the future) of your image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, or audiotapes. Concerns about this policy should be directed to the Office of College Advancement at 518-255-5690.