Culinary Arts (A.O.S.)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate proficiency in classic and contemporary culinary techniques and cooking methods described in the competencies of the American Culinary Federation.
- Recognize the different culinary techniques and foods served in American and international cuisines.
- Understands nutrition, food safety, and cost control techniques and their importance in menu planning and successful food services.
- Understands dining room service options and fundamentals of wine and beverage management.
- Explain how to keep a business profitable through studies in marketing, computers, management, communications and finance.