Agricultural Power Machinery (A.A.S.)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions in agricultural equipment including engines and fuel systems, power trains, hydraulic systems, electrical/electronic systems, heating and air conditioning systems, tillage equipment, planting equipment, hay and forage equipment, and harvesting equipment using modern testing equipment and computer-based diagnostics and information.
- Adjust, repair, and overhaul mechanical system components using both standard as well as manufacturer specific tools and procedures.
- Understand the principles of operation of various equipment systems along with advanced technology applications including precision agriculture.
- Work effectively in an equipment dealership by knowing the functions and procedures of service departments, sales departments, and parts departments.
- Work safely to avoid accidents that cause damage or injury to themselves, other people, or personal property.
- Adapt to the needs of the employers who need people that can think critically, manage their time effectively, communicate confidently, problem solve using logic and/or mathematical reasoning, and appreciate the diversity of their surrounding including customers, co-workers, and the environment.