Environmental Studies (A.A.S.)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify key properties of soils and explain their effects on plant growth and environmental health.
- Recognize predominant woody plant species and describe their growth requirements in temperate region ecosystems.
- Recognize and describe the relationships between organisms and the environment.
- Identify and describe the principal threats to land, water, soil and air quality, and recommend plausible solutions to such threats.
- Demonstrate competence in the use of geographic information tools and systems.