- Personal consultation with a career counselor
- Assistance with changing a major and/or choosing a career path
- Career resource library
- FOCUS-2, An on-line career & educational planning system
- Resources in Career Planning
- What can I do with a major in...?
- Search by Major
- What do I need to know about a career title?
- Search by Occupation
An interactive career planning system.
This self-paced, career guidance tool will assist you in self-assessment and career exploration. Users of FOCUS-2 learn to make more realistic decision about their goals and plans, how to self-manage their careers and the importance of adaptability in these times of change.
Features of the on-line Focus Enhanced Career & Education Planning System include:
- Analyzing your career planning status
- Assessing your interests, values and skills
- Searching for and analyzing occupations based on your interests and work values
- Searching for and analyzing occupations based on your education, training, and skills
- Searching for and analyzing occupations based on your personality type and life values
- Searching for and analyzing occupations based on type of work and education level
- Finding information for a specific occupation
- Determining your development needs
If you are a new user, you will first need to contact the Student Success Center at 518.255.5624 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a password to create your own personal account. Once you have an account, you may log-in and use it whenever you wish.