2017 Important Dates

MERITS Academy:

August 19-23

EOP Summer Program:

August 19-23

New Students Move Onto Campus:

August 24

Classes Begin:

August 28


Accepted Students

Congratulations on your acceptance to SUNY Cobleskill! But now what? This checklist is meant to guide you with resources as you make your final decision to attend SUNY Cobleskill and become #CobyBound. After receiving your acceptance letter, we suggest you pay your deposit to secure your registration and room for the upcoming semester even if you’re still deciding if we’re the right fit.

Once you’ve paid your deposit and made your final decision, there are a few steps to prepare you for the semester ahead – both in the classroom and in campus life. After submitting your deposit, your Cobleskill.edu email becomes the primary method of official college communication. In the months leading up to your first semester, you will receive information from a variety of on-campus offices, so be sure to check your new SUNY Cobleskill email regularly.

We look forward to helping you make a smooth transition into your first semester at SUNY Cobleskill.


After Your Acceptance Letter

After Your Deposit Has Been Paid

printer icon

Get a printable version of the checklist

First Steps

     Log on to Banner Web

Banner is our online student portal for accessing all information pertaining to your academic records, financial aid and billing. You can also complete processes such as vehicle registration, web check-in and code of conduct affirmation. To login, you'll need your Banner ID (800#) and PIN. Login now >>
For any questions, please contact Admissions at admissions@cobleskill.edu or 518-255-5525.

     Activate Your Cobleskill Email and Start Checking It Regularly

You will receive a pin and details in the mail on how to activate your email after your deposit has been received; you must activate the account before completing any subsequent steps.
Directions for activating >>
Open Webmail >>
For any questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at helpdesk@cobleskill.edu or 518-255-5800.

Financial Aid & Billing

     Complete Financial Aid

If you haven’t already, start by applying for aid with the FAFSA. If your FAFSA is completed, you will need to accept your award package in Banner, our online student portal. More info >>
For any questions, please contact the Financial Aid office at financialaid@cobleskill.edu or 518-255-5623.

     Pay Your Bill

Semester bills are sent out electronically to your Cobleskill email address in early July for the Fall semester and mid-December for the Spring semester. Fall 2017 bills are due August 7, 2017. To have the bill sent to another person (such as a parent, guardian or other third party), you’ll need to make them an Authorized Fee Payer. You can set up authorized payers, check and pay your bill online through Banner, the student portal. You can also set up a monthly payment plan for your bill. More info >>
For any questions, please contact Student Financial Services at studentaccounts@cobleskill.edu or 518-255-5539.

Campus Life

     Read and Accept the Student Conduct Code

This document contains information on college policies and student behavior; after reading it, you will see a link to take a short quiz on Banner, our online student portal, to complete your affirmation process. Read the Conduct Code now >>
For any questions, please contact Residential Life at residentiallife@cobleskill.edu or 518-255-5215.

     Take the Housing Survey

Use your Cobleskill email to sign into the eRezLife portal to complete the online housing survey, which then registers you for housing. Please complete the Housing Survey by June 15 for best consideration of your preferences. You will still be able to access the survey after that date. Housing offers are available on the eRezLife site on July 21. More info & complete now >>
For any questions, please contact Residential Life at residentiallife@cobleskill.edu or 518-255-5215.

     Check your Meal Plan and Accept CAS Terms & Conditions

As a new student, you are automatically added to the recommended, Unlimited Meal Plan. You have until the end of the first week of classes to make changes to your plan. Check out CAS’s website to complete the fillable online meal plan contract (to accept terms and conditions) and submit by email. More info & complete now >>
For any questions, please contact the CobyCard Office at cobycard@cobleskill.edu or 518-255-5886.

     Submit Your Immunization Records

Starting in March, you can submit complete health and immunization information online through the Wellness Center patient portal, or by mail or fax. This information should be submitted before the beginning of the semester. More info & submit now >>
For any questions, please contact the Wellness Center at wellnesscenter@cobleskill.edu or 518-255-5225.

     Check the Student Health Insurance Requirement

The Student Health Insurance Plan is automatically included on your semester's bill if you are a full time student. If you have your own health insurance you have the option of waiving out of the Student Health Insurance Plan by using the waiver form. For any questions please contact the Wellness Center. More info >>
For any questions, please contact the Wellness Center at wellnesscenter@cobleskill.edu or 518-255-5225.


     Gather and Submit Official Academic Documents

Send final transcripts, AP score reports, SAT or ACT scores and documents indicating any
college credits earned to Admissions.

High school transcripts are required in order to enroll for the semester. They must be signed by your high school guidance counselor, provide a graduation date and have a school seal. Your transcript must be sent in an official capacity (in a sealed envelope through the mail directly from the guidance office, or electronically through an approved program directly from guidance office).

For transfer students, make sure to send your official college transcript(s), along with any other documents that indicate credits you have earned.

When in doubt, contact admissions to see if any items are needed. If applicable, document your disability with the AccessABILITY office and learn how to register for accommodations.
If you have questions, please contact the Admissions Office at admissions@cobleskill.edu or 518-255-5525.

     Submit Documents for Educational Support Services

Educational Opportunity Program >>

Students must go through 2 steps:
• Review of academics
• Review of financial aid

If accepted, students will receive a welcome phone call from the EOP office. Then students must submit a statement or complete the Acceptance Confirmation Form to indicate that they will be attending SUNY Cobleskill.

The EOP Summer Program will take place between August 19 - August 23, 2017 >>

AccessABILITY >>

We coordinate support and accommodations for students with any kind of learning differences and physical disability.

MERITS Program >>

Students accepted through the MERITS program must sign and return the MERITS contract to the Admissions office.

The MERITS Academy will take place between August 19-August 23, 2017 >>

     View and Save Your Class Schedule

Follow the directions below to view and save (or print) your schedule before coming to campus, as it will not be provided to you on arrival.

• From the Home Page of the Website, click on Current Student at the top of the page
• You will be redirected to the CobyNet for Current Students Page, from here click the green box marked Banner Web
• Click on Enter Secure Area
• Log into Banner Web with your User ID (800#) and PIN, click Login
• From the Home Page of the SUNY Cobleskill Information System click on the Student Services box
• Select Register for Classes which opens more options to select and click on View Detailed Schedule
• You will be prompted to select the term you want to view, select Fall 2017
• You can also select the Week at a Glance Schedule but you will need to be sure you select the first week of classes August 28th and note any courses which do not run the full term will not be viewable in this schedule format.

For any questions, please contact the Registrar Office at registrar@cobleskill.edu or 518-255-5521.

Final Steps

     Complete Web Check-In

After completing all the required tasks on this list, the final step is a web check-in on Banner. In order to prevent your schedule from being dropped for the upcoming semester, you must complete this web check-in process. If you haven’t completed all the previous steps on this list, Banner will not allow you to check-in because unfinished steps count as “account holds.” Once all holds are cleared, you can finish the web check-in.

Login to Banner now >>
For any questions, please contact Admissions admissions@cobleskill.edu or 518-255-5525.

     Check out the Orientation & Arrival Schedule

We're still finalizing details for Orientation, which will be held August 24-27; check back for more information.


Before You Start Your First Semester

Excited for the semester to begin? Here are more things you can do before you arrive in August.