Direct Student Loan Eligibility
The Federal Direct Loan is available to any student who meets the following eligibility requirements:
- Student is a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Student is enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate degree program for a least 6 credits.
- Student has completed a FAFSA.
- Student maintains Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- Student's prior borrowing has not exceeded annual or lifetime aggregate loan limits.
- The Federal Direct Loan does not require a credit check.
- A great resource is this publication from the federal governement - Your Federal Student Loans