When you're ready to apply to SUNY Cobleskill, choose either the SUNY Application or the Common Application below. (Please complete and submit only one). A $50 non-refundable fee is required with either option.
- Non-refundable application fee
- Official high school transcript/TASC scores/official college transcripts
- SAT and/or ACT
- Reference letters from teachers, employers, counselors, etc
- Personal Essay or letter (choose a topic that highlights important aspects about you that are not easy to convey by grades alone)
- Apply online using either the SUNY Application or the Common Application.
- Submit a completed application and a $50 application fee. The application fee is waived for students applying under the Educational Opportunity Program or for those who qualify for a State University of New York Application Fee Waiver.
Submit official high school transcript or TASC scores. If you are a high school student that took college credits in HS, please send those college transcripts as well.
Official high school transcripts should be sent by your high school through an electronic service such as Parchment or through the mail. Please send mail to:
Admissions Office, Knapp Hall
106 Suffolk Circle
Cobleskill, NY 12043
- Submit standardized test scores. We accept SAT and/or ACT scores. Please have these sent directly to the office of admissions from the testing agency. At the associate level, these scores, in conjunction with high school grades, will be utilized to assist the college in placing students in the appropriate math and English coursework only. Admissions decisions based on SAT/ACT scores occur only for those seeking bachelor degrees.
- Submit any letters of recommendation or essays. These may be included as part of your application submission online or they can be sent directly to the office of admissions by your guidance office.
- Check the status of your application regularly to ensure your application materials have been received. You'll receive log-in information for your Banner account once you apply.
- Visit the Accepted Students page. Once you are accepted, the Accepted Students page will provide you a detailed timeline of everything you need to know and do before you arrive on campus.
Additional Admissions Procedures
International, EOP, and part time/non-matriculated students may follow a different application process or have additional steps. View information about each type of admissions procedure:
Academic requirements may vary by program of study. Students that enter SUNY Cobleskill as Bachelor Degree students generally have:
- GPA of 82 and higher
- 4 years of English
- 3 years or more of Math
- 3 years or more of Science
- 3 years or more of social studies
- Additional electives or vocational/tech school credits as appropriate
- SAT score range of 900-1200 (Critical reading and math sections only)
- ACT composite score range of 19-26
For more specific details on program requirements, please contact the admissions office.