Transfer Admission Requirements

Transfer students can apply to SUNY Cobleskill through the SUNY Application or the Common Application.

Put in your transfer application to SUNY Cobleskill through the SUNY Application!       Put in your transfer application to SUNY Cobleskill through the Common Application


Transfer applicants are required to submit official transcripts from all colleges attended to the Office of Admissions. Transfer applicants will also need to submit official final high school transcripts and/or verification of high school equivalency. The high school transcripts will be used for admissions review  if fewer than 30 college credit hours will be earned prior to application submission.

Please send official transcripts to:

 Admissions Office, Knapp Hall

106 Suffolk Circle

Cobleskill, NY 12043


You can send unofficial transcripts to the admissions office by e-mailing

Transferring Credits
Students who transfer to Cobleskill from other accredited colleges may be admitted with advanced standing. Transcripts will be evaluated and credit may be granted for credit courses from accredited colleges, as certified by the Registrar, according to Section B: Transfer Policies and Credit by Examination in the Academic Policies: 


If you want to see how your credits may transfer, please use our equivalency tool here:


Transfer Articulation/Joint Admission Agreements

SUNY Cobleskill has many “2+2” transfer articulation agreements and joint admission agreements with colleges and universities, both in and outside New York State. Agreements may include guaranteed admission into parallel programs, junior standing, full transfer credit and the opportunity to complete a bachelor's degree in two additional years of study. 

Transfer students' academic standing and eligibility for retention will be judged against the cumulative quality point average requirement based upon total hours completed at Cobleskill and transferred.  


SUNY Transfer Credit Appeal Process

Once you are accepted, you will receive a transfer evaluation which will show how your prior courses will be accepted in transfer and apply toward your major.  If you are transferring from a SUNY institution and you do not agree with SUNY Cobleskill’s decision on the granting or placement of credit that you earned at a prior SUNY institution, you have the right to submit an appeal to your campus transfer representative.  In order to submit an appeal, please contact the Registrar’s Office with the specific information on which courses you are questioning. Please appeal via e-mail to, or make an appointment to meet the Assistant Registrar, Jill Brinkman or Candy Hoffman, by calling 518-255-5521.

If you still do not agree with your campus’ decision, or you have not received a response in 15 business days, you may appeal to the SUNY System Provost.  You can submit the appeal by filling out the student appeal form

The appeals process and necessary forms can also be accessed at the SUNY Provost website


Follow SUNY Cobleskill:




Contact Admissions:


Office of Admissions
Knapp Hall
106 Suffolk Circle
Cobleskill, NY 12043


Toll Free:
Local: 518-255-5525
Fax: 518-255-6769


8:00 am - 4:15 pm