Microsoft Office 2013
New!10 Minute Video Tutorials are now available to enhance skills online without a workshop. See details below.
Microsoft Word 2013 - New Features
Do more with your documents: Insert an online video, open a PDF file and edit the content, align pictures and diagrams with minimal fuss. The new Read Mode is clean and distraction-free—and it also works great on tablets. Teaming-up is better too, with direct connections to your online spaces and streamlined review features like Simple Markup and comments.
Upon successful completion of the Training Courses for Word 2013, you will be able to do the following and much more:
- Create a simple document using MS Word 2013, save a document, use some automatic text features for entering text, and access online help.
- Edit a document using a variety of techniques.
- Change the appearance of a document by applying various paragraph formats and effects.
- Create columns and organize your document into split views.
- Use the ribbon interface to insert images and to access Backstage View.
- Use Word's templates and wizards to efficiently do your work.
Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 - New Features
Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 has a brand-new look: It’s cleaner and primed for use on tablets and phones, so you can swipe and tap your way through presentations. Presenter View automatically adapts to your projection set-up, and you can even use it on a single monitor. Themes now come with variations, which make it simpler to hone in on the look you want. And when you’re working with others, you can add comments to ask questions and get feedback.
Upon successful completion of the Training Courses for PowerPoint 2013, you will be able to do the following and much more:
- Add and edit graphics on slides
- Add SmartArt and Photo Album
- Use Master slides to provide a standard appearance
- Add headers and footers to your presentation
- Apply transitions between slides
- Animate pictures, clip art, text, and other objects
- Add sound and video to presentations
- Add hyperlinks
Microsoft Excel 2013 - New Features
The first thing you’ll see when you open Excel is a brand new look. It’s cleaner, but it’s also designed to help you get professional-looking results quickly. You’ll find many new features that let you get away from walls of numbers and draw more persuasive pictures of your data, guiding you to better, more informed decisions.
Upon successful completion of the Training Courses for Excel 2013, you will be able to:
- Create an Excel 2013 workbook
- Use simple functions to do calculations
- Format an Excel worksheet
- Enter and format cell contents
- Navigate within and between worksheets
- Sort and filter data
- Manipulate data
- Customize Excel layout
Microsoft Access 2013 - New Features
What’s new in Access 2013? In a word, apps. An Access web app is a new type of database that you build in Access, then use and share with others as a SharePoint app in a web browser. To build an app, you just select the type of data you want to track (contacts, tasks, projects, and so on). Access creates the database structure, complete with views that let you add and edit data. Navigation and basic commands are built-in, so you can start using your app right away.
Upon successful completion of the Training Courses for Access 2013, you will be able to the following and more:
- Design and build tables for a database
- Format an Access Table
- Create table relationships
- Create queries
- Create and update an Access Database
This workshop will introduce the techniques of creating a gradebook using Excel. By presetting the formulas, during the whole semester, instructors will only have to enter students' raw score. Excel will calculate the total and convert numeral grades into letter grades automatically at the end of the semester. Using Excel Template will save instructor time entering formulas every semester.
This workshop will show you how to record your speech or lecture into a computer and post it onto a website or your Blackboard course, namely Podcasting.
MOODLE is our official Course Management System here at SUNY Cobleskill.
For more information, please visit MOODLE Resources