Upon completion of the Health Science Studies AS degree program, students will:
- Be able to prepare a professional quality, technical report.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the nature of science.
- Demonstrate good lab practice.
- Understand and demonstrate standard ethical practices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of comparative anatomy through dissection, microscopic
examination, and macroscopic examination.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental principles common to living things: DNA,
RNA, and protein synthesis; structure-function relationship of cellular organelles;
and sexual and asexual reproduction.
- Demonstrate understanding of the basic concepts in genetic engineering: mechanisms
of bacterial DNA exchange, DNA characterization, and genetic cloning.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform as part of a team in group activities.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills.