What is Schoharie Fresh?
- An online Farmers' Market providing easy access to fresh fruits, vegetables and a
variety of food products from Schoharie County.
- A network of farm producers supplying individuals, families, local schools, and institutions
with fresh produce through a centralized order system.
Open SchoharieFresh.com to Start Shopping
How was it started?
- Through a collaboration of SUNY Cobleskill, Schoharie County Planning & Development
and Cornell Cooperative Extension of Schoharie County, with assistance from Central
NY Resource Conservation & Development (RC&D) and NY Farms!
- Creating Healthy Places in Schoharie County is a 5-year, NYS Department of Health
grant that implements a series of initiatives to improve access to fresh fruits and
vegetables and encourage an active lifestyle in Schoharie County.
How does it work for customers?
- Shop online at your convenience and place your orders by midnight on Wednesdays.
- Please remember that quantities of fresh, local products may be limited, so be sure
to confirm your order vs. waiting to check out later.
- Pick up your orders between 3:30-5:30 pm on Fridays at SUNY Cobleskill
- We encourage you to bring reusable shopping bags.
- For the 2011 pilot season (August 11th through October), Schoharie Fresh can accept
only cash or checks. Procedures are in progress to implement EBT purchasing for customers
with SNAP benefits. Regretfully, Schoharie Fresh is unable to accept FMNP and WIC
vouchers for 2011.
How does it work for farmers?
- Farmers log in at their convenience to keep inventories up-to-date and monitor sales.
- Farmers drop off products ordered at the Extension Center between 8:30-10:30 am on
Fridays; refrigerator and freezer units located on site.