SUNY Cobleskill's 101st Commencement Ceremony will be held on
Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 11:00 am.
Our 101st Commencement Ceremony will be at 11:00am adjacent to the Neal Robbins Field House.
Graduates will line up one hour before the ceremony in the Field House. A reception
will be held immediately following Commencement in the Field House. Tickets are not
required for our outdoor ceremony.
In the case of inclement weather, two ceremonies will be held in Bouck Hall Gymnasium.
Tickets are necessary for guests to attend the indoor ceremony. Each graduate participating
in the Commencement Ceremony will receive three tickets for their guests to attend
the ceremony. Line up for each school will be an hour before the ceremony in Bouck
Hall. The School of Agriculture and Natural Resources will be held at 10:00am. The
School of Business and Liberal Arts and Sciences will be held at 1:30pm. A reception
will be held immediately following each ceremony in Bouck Hall Ballroom.
The final decision for the location of the Commencement ceremony based on weather
will be determined Wednesday, May 8th.
Thursday, May 9, 2019
Graphic Design Senior Show
An exhibition of our graphic design seniors’ capstone projects will open with a reception
on Thursday, May 9th at 5pm in the Governors Art Gallery and remain on display throughout the weekend.
Friday, May 10, 2019
Academic Awards Ceremony • 4:30pm in Bouck Hall Theater
Tickets are not required for ceremony.
Hooding Ceremony • 7:30 in Bouck Hall Theater
Tickets are not required for ceremony.
Carefully read the information below. If you have any questions contact the Office
of Campus Events and Conferences at (518)255-5690 / (518)255-5690 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Date and Time
- Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
- The location of our Commencement Ceremony will be decided on Wednesday, May 8, based
on the extended weather forecast.
- There will be designated handicap parking spaces. Cars must be park in designated
- Each confirmed Commencement candidate will be given three tickets.
- Tickets are required only if the ceremony is held inside in Bouck Hall Gymnasium. Doors will open at 9:00 a.m. Please arrive with tickets in hand in order to be seated.
Guests without tickets may view the ceremony via live broadcast in Bouck Hall Theater.
- There are no reserved seats.
- The duration of the ceremony will be approximately 2 hours.
- Please remain standing during and after the National Anthem.
- Once the ceremony is concluded, please remain standing at your seats until the end
of the recessional. Moving toward the graduates before this causes congestion and
detracts from the dignity of the occasion.
- A reception will be held in the Neal Robbins Field House immediately following the
ceremony. Graduates and their guests are cordially invited to join faculty and staff
for this occasion.
Accommodations for Individuals with Disabilities
- Seating will be available for those who use wheelchairs or need special accommodations.
If you need accommodations during the Commencement ceremony due to physical disability,
please contact the Office of Campus Events and Conferences at (518)255-5690 / (518)255-5523
or email@example.com by May 1. If you do not let us know what you need by May 1, we will not be able to
accommodate you on the day of commencement.
Gifts and Keepsakes
- The College Store, located in Bouck Hall, will be open in case our guests want to
purchase gifts, souvenirs, and even last-minute items such as batteries for your camera.
- Guests may take photographs from their seats; however, in order to avoid obstructing
the view of others, you are asked not to approach the stage area. SUNY Cobleskill
has contracted with Commencement Photos Inc., to take photographs of each graduate
receiving his/her diploma from President Marion Terenzio. Commencement Photos Inc.,
will contact graduates via email regarding the possible purchase of these photographs.
The College does not benefit financially from this arrangement; it is provided as
a service to graduates and their families. You are not obligated to purchase the photographs.
We are very proud of our graduates' accomplishments. We look forward to meeting our graduates' families and friends on this very special
day! It is the goal of the Office of Campus Events and Conferences and the entire
SUNY Cobleskill community to make Commencement a smooth and memorable experience for
our graduates. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.