Apply // HEERF // Careers at Cobleskill

Transfer Student Information

Transferring from one college to another can be a complex, even frustrating, process. But we’re committed to making sure that a transfer to SUNY Cobleskill is neither of those; and should you need assistance at any point in the transfer admissions process, we are here to provide help and guidance whenever you need us.

Application Process

Transfer students can apply to SUNY Cobleskill through the SUNY Application or the Common Application.


Apply using the Common Application       Apply using the SUNY Application


You will need to submit official transcripts to the Office of Admissions from all the colleges you have attended. Transfer applicants are also required to submit their official final high school transcripts and/or verification of high school equivalency. The high school transcripts will be used for admissions review if you have earned fewer than 30 college credit hours prior to submitting your application.

Please send your official transcripts to:

Admissions Office
SUNY Cobleskill
106 Suffolk Circle
Cobleskill, NY 12043

Unofficial transcripts can be submitted to the admissions office by e-mailing them to admissions@cobleskill.edu

Directions for Checking
Application Status


Transferring Credits

Students who transfer to Cobleskill from other accredited colleges may be admitted with advanced standing. Your transcripts will be evaluated, and credit may be granted for credit courses you have taken at these accredited colleges, as certified by the Registrar pursuant to Section B: Transfer Policies and Credit by Examination in the Academic Policies.

To see how your credits may transfer, you can use our Transfer Guide equivalency tool


Transfer Articulation/Joint Admission Agreements

SUNY Cobleskill has many “2+2” transfer articulation and joint admission agreements with other colleges and universities, both in and outside New York State. These agreements may include guaranteed admission into parallel programs, junior standing, full transfer credit and the opportunity to complete a bachelor's degree in two additional years of study. Transfer students' academic standing and eligibility for retention will be judged against our cumulative quality point average requirement, based on total hours completed at Cobleskill.


See the full list of Transfer Articulation Agreements


SUNY Transfer Credit Appeal Process

Once you have been accepted for admission, you will receive a transfer evaluation showing exactly how your prior courses will be accepted in transfer and applied toward your major. If you are transferring from another SUNY institution and you do not agree with SUNY Cobleskill’s decision on the granting or placement of credit that you earned at that other SUNY institution, you have the right to submit an appeal to your campus transfer representative.

In order to submit an appeal, please contact the Registrar’s Office with the specific information on which courses you are questioning by sending your appeal via e-mail to registrar@cobleskill.edu. If you have any questions about the appeal process you can email or call the Registrar's office at 518-255-5521.

If you still do not agree with your campus’ decision or you have not received a response within 15 business days, you may appeal to the SUNY System Provost by filling out the student appeal form. The necessary forms can also be accessed at the SUNY Provost’s website.


Directions for Checking
Application Status