At SUNY Cobleskill, our philosophy regarding admissions is simple. It should be as
uncomplicated, transparent and efficient as possible.
To that end, we keep every required step of the process both easy to understand and
easy to fulfill, and we are readily available to answer any questions or address any
concerns that you might have.
When you're ready to apply to SUNY Cobleskill, you can do so using either the Common Application or the SUNY Application option. (Please complete and submit only one). A $50 non-refundable fee is required
with either option.
Apply using the Common Application Apply using the SUNY Application
Applicants must provide:
- A completed application
- A non-refundable $50 application fee
- An official high school transcript/TASC scores/official college-level high school
- SAT and/or ACT scores
We strongly suggest that applicants also provide:
- Reference letters from teachers, employers, counselors, etc.
- A personal essay or letter written by you highlighting something about yourself that
you believe to be important and relevant, but that your grades and scores alone may
While academic requirements for acceptance may vary by program of study, students
who enter SUNY Cobleskill as Bachelor Degree students typically have the following
- A GPA of 82 or higher
- 4 years of English
- 3 or more years of Math
- 3 or more years of Science
- 3 or more years of Social Studies
- Additional electives or vocational/technical school credits (where appropriate)
- An SAT score range of 900-1200 (on critical reading and math sections only)
- An ACT composite score range of 19-26
For more details about specific program requirements, please contact the Admissions
The Application Process, Step by Step
- Apply online using either the SUNY Application or the Common Application
- Submit a completed application and a $50 application fee. The application fee is waived for students applying under the Educational Opportunity Program or for those who qualify for a State University of New York Application Fee Waiver.
- Submit an official high school transcript or your TASC scores. If you took courses that carried college credits while in high school, please send
transcripts for those courses as well.
Your official high school transcripts should be sent to us by your high school, either
through an electronic service such as Parchment or through the mail. Please send mail
Admissions Office, Knapp Hall
106 Suffolk Circle
Cobleskill, NY 12043
- Submit standardized test scores. We accept SAT and/or ACT scores. Please have these sent directly to the office of
admissions from the testing agency. At the associate level, these scores, in conjunction
with your high school grades, will help the College determine placement in the appropriate
math and English courses only. Admissions decisions based on SAT/ACT scores occur
only for those seeking bachelor degrees.
- Submit any letters of recommendation or essays. These may be included as part of your application submission online or they can be
sent directly to the office of admissions by your guidance office.
- Check the status of your application regularly to make sure that everything you have sent us has been received. At this stage you’ll
also be given log-in information for your Banner account.
Once you’ve been accepted, visit our Accepted Students page to see a detailed list of everything you need to know and do before you arrive on
Directions for Checking
Additional Admissions Procedures
International, EOP, and part time/non-matriculated students may follow a different
application process or have additional steps. View information about each type of
International Students EOP Students Part-Time/Non-Matriculated Students
Transfer Students Part-Time/Non-Matriculated Students Readmission