The SUNY Cobleskill Honors Program creates a scholastic and social community for students
who have proven themselves academically.
"Honors" does not translate as "more work" or "harder"; rather, it's a different kind
of work and learning experience. Honors work invites students to think critically
and make connections between disciplines for deeper understandings. Ideally, this
is the type of work that students can get excited about and feel engaged in.
Benefits of Membership
- Honors Program students can register on the FIRST day of the course selection period.
This ensures first choice of courses, days & times, and professors for all of your
- Honors Program Graduate status is designated on transcript upon successful completion
of degree program; which is apparent to transfer schools and employers. Also, each
individual honors course is designated on your academic transcript.
- Honors courses are in small group settings with professors who have specialties that
match your interests. This may result in connections and references from professors
to assist you with advancing your education, internship placements, or career opportunities.
- Honors students learn and socialize with other students who share your strong interest
in academic success.
- Use of the Honors Center located on the 2nd floor of the Van Wagenen Library
- Honors housing options
- Professional development opportunities such as conference attendance, regional conference
presentations, and community connections
- The ability to conduct unique research and experimentation projects one-on-one with
- Interdisciplinary educational experiences with other high-achieving students
You will be notified by the Director if you are accepted into the program.
Message from the Director
Our program is a small but impressive group of 40 students from most of SUNY Cobleskill’s
academic majors. It is a pleasure to work with this talented group of students and
watch our program grow into one of the most scholastically rewarding programs on campus.
Please contact me if you have any questions about our program at firstname.lastname@example.org