Alternative Testing Services
AccessABILITY Resources provides an alternative testing service for students who may
need a distraction-free environment, extended time (up to double time), use of adaptive
equipment, a private room, use of a computer to read exams, scribes, oral exams or
All students must be approved for alternative testing services.
Students with disabilities seeking alternative testing services, must contact the
AccessABILITY Resources Office and have their accommodation plan in place.
ESL students seeking alternative testing services, must complete the Request for Testing Accommodations form.
Request for Testing Accommodations Procedures
Faculty and staff should adhere to the following procedures when using AccessABILITY
Resources for accommodated testing services:
- All students must sign up for each test using the Request for Testing Accommodations form at least 48 hours (2 business days) prior to the test date. This allows AR staff
time to schedule test rooms and know exactly who will be coming for testing services.
- The student should take Request for Testing Accommodations form to their Instructor for completion by the instructor, with any testing options listed.
Note: It should not be assumed that students will take all tests in the Testing Room
in AccessABILITY Resources (AR). They have the option of taking a particular test
in the classroom. Once the instructor completes the Request for Testing Accommodations form, the student will bring the form to the AccessABILITY Resources Office, located in
the lower level of the Library (Rm. 005) and drop it off in the wire bin or email
- Faculty should feel free to ask to see a students’ Accommodation Plan to verify that
the student is eligible to receive testing accommodations.
- Faculty may also make arrangements for accommodations in their classroom.
- Faculty are strongly encouraged to send tests, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. 24 hours prior to the test date. Care should be taken not to include any hand-written
notations or information which can not be scanned electronically.
- Faculty will receive their test via scanned email from email@example.com.
- Faculty may have them returned via intercampus mail or returned electronically (email)
as specified on the Request for Testing Accommodations Form.
Thank you for your cooperation. Following these procedures will make it easier to
meet the accommodated testing needs of our students.
- No COMPLETED Forms = No Test NO EXCEPTIONS!
- You must turn in your Test Request 48 hours (2 business days). before the exam is
- You are responsible for planning in your extra time
- 50 minute class X Time and a half = 1.5 hrs.
- 50 minute class X Double Time = 2 hrs.
- You are responsible for scheduling enough time to take your exam
- For example: You scheduled your exam at 10:00 am and you have class at 11:00 am. If
that doesn’t leave you enough time, DO NOT schedule the exam for that time
- You MUST show up at the SCHEDULED TIME. If you are late, you will lose time on the
exam. (This is no different than others who take it in class!) you still will only
get the scheduled amount of time to take the exam.
- Bring your own writing utensils and calculators, and earbuds if using Premier.