X
Fall 2022 Plan // Apply for Fall // Orientation // Careers at Cobleskill

ARP Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds

American rescue plan - Higher education emergency relief grants

SUNY Cobleskill received Student Aid funding under section 2003(7) of the ARP. This program, with some changes, provides supplemental Student Aid funds to the CARES Act section 18004(a)(1) program. SUNY Cobleskill signed and returned to the Education Department a Certification and Agreement as required under the CARES Act section 18004(a)(1) program. We acknowledge that by drawing down the ARP Student Aid funds, our institution agrees to be bound by the conditions set forth in the ARP Supplemental Agreement including using 100 percent of these Student Aid funds to provide emergency aid grants to students.

SUNY Cobleskill received $3,789,635 through the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III) to be disbursed in the form of emergency grants to students. These funds are provided as an emergency grant for expenses related to any component of your cost of attendance or for emergency costs that arise due to Coronavirus. Eligible expenses include tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health), or childcare. 

 

ELIGIBILITY

The distribution of HEERF III funds was announced to students on August 31, 2021. On September 14, 2021, all students were encouraged to complete a 2021-22 FAFSA by if they hadn't already done so. All fall enrolled students who have an official 2021-22 FAFSA on file with SUNY Cobleskill as of September 2021 and also have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of 14,615 or less were automatically awarded a covid-relief emergency grant. Students were told that if they did not qualify for a grant automatically based on their FAFSA status then they would have an opportunity to submit a grant request form.

Students who were not automatically eligible for a grant were sent a link to submit a grant request form on September 21. The deadline to complete a request form was October 1, 2021. 

DETERMINATION OF AWARDS

SUNY Cobleskill distributed 58% of our ARP HEERF III funds during the fall semester. Students who were enrolled part-time or full-time as of September 30, 2021 were either eligible for the grant automatically or were eligible to complete a grant request form. Approximately 80% of the fall portion was awarded to students automatically who had an EFC of 14,615 or less. The remaining 20% was distributed to students who completed a grant request form. A template was provided to all SUNY campuses by SUNY System Administration that was used as the basis for calculating individual award amounts. 

DISTRIBUTION OF GRANTS

Grants were issued to students in check form, with the exception of students who opted to use their grant to pay an unpaid bill to the College. Checks were mailed between October 8 and October 22. Students were given until September 28, 2021 to make permanent address changes with the Registrar's Office.